Feel like my head is going to explode. I’ve got about 10 different competing ideas running around about this topic for Saturday – each of which I think are interesting and relevant. Some include:
- The use of Teilhard de Chardin’s work to describe the Internet/cyberspace as the evolution of a “global consciousness”
- Groups who include IT technology into their rituals and practices (e.g. technopaganism)
- A Christian spirituality that is faithful to the gospel and contextualised to Western technoculture
- New “religious” stories, such as transhumanism, that seek transcendence of the human condition via technology
- Issues to do with social justice, the “Digital Divide” and how that relates to the Kingdom of God
- Ecological consequences of technology and its relation to the image of God and stewardship
Hopefully it will be clearer in the morning. (And I can figure out how to include a “Babylon 5″ reference into the work).