Just erased and reinstalled everything on the iBook to get over the wobbles it was developing at the end of the thesis writing. In the process found these links I’d saved earlier.
Ashley X links:
- WIRED Blogs: Bodyhack – Brain-Damaged Girl Will Stay Young Forever
- Parents defend decision to keep girl a child – World – Times Online
- The “Ashley Treatment”: The Ashley Treatment – Parent’s open letter about Ashley.
- IEET – Helping families care for the helpless by George Dvorsky (Sentient Developments). [Techno-progressive/transhumanist] Dvorsky also talks in more depth in his podcast about this. See Sentient Developments podcast (8 Jan 2007).
- IHS :: HNN :: Ashley X: What Should Parents Do? – Some good questions and other links in there.
- Ashley Treatment – Wikipedia
- Ship of Fools: Ashley X
- New Statesman – Imaginary friends – Ursula Le Guin on the need for tales of talking animals and fantastical adventure for all ages.
- Wired 15.01: It’s Alive! – On building Pleo – a lifelike robot toy.
- The Christian Century – Templeton Foundation fights ID tag
- FreeMacWare.com : Free Software For Macs via Lindsay at Random Murmurings: Frustration