Top of the pile of games in the lounge is Repos Production’s 7 Wonders, a game we came across back in April through friends at church. After a couple of games at their place we bought it the next day and it’s been a favourite all year. In it’s favour are:
- Being able to be played with 6 players without needing expansions. (Big tick when we have 6 + others wanting to play a game).
- Rule are reasonably straight-forward.
- Everyone’s turn takes place at the same time – no waiting for 5 other players before your turn.
- Different ways to win.
- Set up is relatively quick and the game takes a relatively short time to play given it’s a set number of rounds.
Photos from that first game.
We’ve picked up some expansions for it, but to be honest I prefer the vanilla game. Overall though, probably an 8/10 and definitely the game of 2014. Wondering what 2015’s game will be.
- More on the game over at 7 Wonders | Board Game | BoardGameGeek.
- NZ detail at: 7 Wonders — PixelPark, Educational software, Family games, Card games, Strategy games
[Written with Microsoft Windows Live Writer]