Now that the semester has ended and I’m clearing my desk (virtual and otherwise) of things that have accumulated there, here’s a list of links on media, religion and often the intersection between the two that I found interesting.
- Heidi Campbell: The Internet challenges and empowers religious institutions | Faith & Leadership.
- A Beginners Guide to Resources in Media, Religion and Culture Studies | Network for New Media, Religion and Digital Culture Studies.
With RavelUnravel, we’re exploring the tapestry of religious and spiritual identities that make up our communities and the complexities of how we construct and deconstruct identity. We invite you to view the stories that make up RavelUnravel and add to the movement by sharing your own.
- Does Digital Communication Affect Spirituality?.
- BBC Religion & Ethics – How the Church of England is engaging with social media.
- New Media Project.
- Social Media Advice for Seminarians (Danny Zacharias).
- CODEC: Christian Communication in a Digital Age – Durham University.
- BPS Research Digest: Effects of a violent video game depend on whether you’re Superman or the Joker.
- Are Games Racist? | Game/Show | PBS Digital Studios – YouTube.
- Social media: the new religion? | Stuff.co.nz.
- Living Lutheran – Helping our youth become digital disciples.