James McGrath (ReligionProf) linked (via Facebook) through to this helpful guide to pitching a book to editors at a conference. Not just for Classical Studies.
Some other sites with similar, helpful advice include:
- How To Pitch Your Book to an Editor at a Conference | The Professor Is In
- The Chronicle of Higher Education | Rachel Toor (Many articles and posts there on writing and publishing)
- The 7 Stages of Publishing Your First Academic Book, Challenges & Tips | Kathlyn Knox
And some more…
- Why and How to Negotiate with Academic Book Publishers | Helen Kara
- Essay on how academics should negotiate with publishers | Inside Higher Ed
- 7 mistakes I made when I published my academic book | Laura Portwood-Stacer
- Getting published: what academics need to know | Education | The Guardian
- Get a Life, PhD: Writing an academic book – from start to finish
- How to Write a Winning Academic Book Proposal – Enago Academy
I’m about to do this for a couple of writing projects so timely advice.