A couple of links came to my attention this week. Firstly, the Singularity Institute have started a blog to promote ideas about the technological singularity (Greenflame Â» Pondering the Singularity (Again)), and at the same time I came across the bioethics podcasts from The Center for Bioethics & Human Dignity. Both have interesting material on them, though they have quite different perspectives.
Here’s a selection of other links that relate to different people and groups looking at the future. It’s an eclectic mix pitched at a variety of levels, so caveat lector.
- NetFuture: Technology and Human Responsibility
- World Transhumanist Association
- Nick Bostrom’s home page – Transhumanist, philosopher and director of the Future of Humanity Institute at Oxford.
- Sentient Developments – by transhumanist George Dvorsky. There’s a podcast too.
- Changesurfer Consulting by James Hughes and the related Cyborg Democracy. Hughes is Executive Director of the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies
- KurzweilAI.net – Techno-optimistic news and views linked in with Ray Kurzweil’s vision of a better future.
- Betterhumans.com – Community site for techno-progressives/optimists.
- The Center for Bioethics and Culture Network
- BioCentre // The Centre for Bioethics & Public Policy (UK)
- Center on Nanotechnology & Society
- Toi te Taiao: New Zealand’s Bioethics Council
- Bioethics Centre, Dunedin School of Medicine, New Zealand
- InterChurch Bioethics Council (NZ)
- Society, Religion and Technology Project (Scotland)
Nowhere near an exhaustive list, but it’s a start.