Hard-bound and digital copies of PhD thesis lodged with university. Roll on graduation in September.
Thesis submission process went something like this:
- Thesis submitted early January 2007 (still 2006 academic year).
- Oral defense late May 2007.
- Official notification of defense results early June.
- Modifications to made received mid-June.
- Sign off on modifications mid-July.
- Hard-bound and digital copies submitted 20 July.
- Assuming bureaucracy’s wheels turn, graduation 27 September.
The process has seemed as grueling at times as actually writing the thesis. But now, there’s nothing left in my hands. Quite an odd feeling after 4-5 years of living with the thesis always in the background.
Related link: PHD Comics: Now what?