James Harding posted the link below on Facebook yesterday which reminded me of a number of related articles recently discussing the relationship (or lack thereof) between higher education and pastoral/priestly vocations.
James linked to
Other related links to that article include:
- SAET » A Taxonomy of the Pastor-Theologian: Or Why PhD Students Should Consider the Pastorate as the Context for their Theological Scholarship » The Society for the Advancement of Ecclesial Theology. (Full article available as PDF here – and published in Expository Times too)
- Why We Need More Doctorates in the Pastorate!
- What Would It Look Like if More Pastors Had PhDs :: Cheesewearing Theology.
- John Stackhouse, “Simpler Pastoral Education for Simpler Times? A Modest Proposal in Faith Today – May/June 2012 – Page 54-55.
And related to that
- “If They Only Knew What I Thought”: The Sad Cycle of Evangelical Biblical Scholarship.
- Guest Post: Lament for a Maternal Home (or, Is There No Place for Believing Criticism in Evangelicalism?).
Some good questions here.